[pdftex] Problem with hyperref to create a PDF/A

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jan 31 08:41:33 CET 2008

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 02:47:04PM -0600, David Rendon wrote:

> Hi, Laurent,
>
> I'm glad someone else is working on creating PDF/A files using LaTeX!
> On Jan 18 I asked a question regarding that and got no reply, but I
> do  have good news for you. My old message is "Setting annotation
> flags in links created by hyperref".
>
> ***The problem***
> Acrobat Prof. 8 expects a particular Annotation Flag, "Print", to be
> set for every link in your original file. What this means for the non-
> experts (like me) is that for each link, the string "/F 4" should
> appear in the appropriate part of the file.
>
> (4 isn't the only number that works. Any number whose binary
> representation has a 1 in the 3rd least significant bit should work.)
>

> ***The official solution***
> On 2007-10-29 Heiko Oberdiek added the ability to set these flags in
> the hyperref package. But I have not been able to get it to work.

* Option `verbose' shows the flag settings in the .log file.
* Flag print added to the form elements:

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage[bookmarks=false,verbose]{hyperref}[2007/10/29]

\setlength{\parindent}{0pt}
\setlength{\parskip}{10pt}
\begin{document}
\begin{Form}[action=mailto:srahtz,encoding=html,method=post]

\TextField[print,width=3in,name=xname,value={Bilbo Baggins}]
    {Full name:  }

\TextField[print,multiline,width=1in,name=address,borderstyle=D,
    color=1 1 1,backgroundcolor=0 0 .5,
    value={Bag End, The Hill, Hobbiton}]{Address: }

\ChoiceMenu[print,default=Home,menulength=3,width=2in,
            name=travel,default=Beorn]
     {Favorite part of your travels:}
     {Trolls,Misty Mountains,Beorn,Mirkwood,Elves,Laketown,%
     Smaug,The Battle}

Have you still got your:
\CheckBox[print]{Sword}
\CheckBox[print,name=coat]{Mithril coat}
\CheckBox[print,name=ring,checked]{Ring!}

\ChoiceMenu[print,radio,default=Again,name=next,
            borderwidth=3,bordercolor=0 1 0]
     {Do you want to:}
     {Do it all again=Again,
      Pretend it never happened=Forget,
      Write a book about it=Write}

\TextField[print,password,name=made]{Who made the ring? }

\ChoiceMenu[print,combo,default=Bofur,name=whatdwarf,
     ]{Select funniest name, or add one}
     {Bofur,Thorin,Gollum,Smaug,Gandalf}

\Submit[print]{Send}
\Reset[print]{Clear}