[pdftex] Problem with hyperref to create a PDF/A

David Rendon darfguard-latex at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 22:03:23 CET 2008

On Jan 31, 2008, at 1:41 AM, Heiko Oberdiek wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 02:47:04PM -0600, David Rendon wrote:
>
>> ***The official solution***
>> On 2007-10-29 Heiko Oberdiek added the ability to set these flags in
>> the hyperref package. But I have not been able to get it to work.
>
> * Option `verbose' shows the flag settings in the .log file.
> * Flag print added to the form elements:
>
> \documentclass{article}
>
> \usepackage[bookmarks=false,verbose]{hyperref}[2007/10/29]

Wow, that's awesome!

Unfortunately, I now realize that the feature added on 2007-10-29
creates Annotation Flags *only* to PDF form fields.

What is needed for PDF/A generation is to add the "/F 4" Annot entry
to all the hyperlinks created by \ref, \cite, etc., and to all entries
of the TOC, TOF, etc.

Hopefully someone with enough expertise will add this feature in the
future. Meanwhile, we have my hack (and perhaps a less fugly version
written by someone with better command of LaTeX).

Thanks,

David