[pdftex] Pale print with Adobe Reader

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 15:19:45 CET 2007

"George N. White III" <gnwiii at gmail.com> writes:

> As Martin says, install TeX Live 2007.   This will help ensure that
> you are not encountering bugs that were fixed long ago.  The default
> fonts (lmodern) will still be very light, so you will
> still need to read the documents on available fonts and try some
> alternatives. [...]

Thanks to all for the help.

So, it seems that the problem of much too light fonts remains also with non
bitmapped fonts.  But why?  What I would actually like is to go on using
a font which look exactly like Knuth's TeX default Computer Modern, but that
will come out dark and not `pale' or light from a print with MS Windows Adobe
Acrobat.  If this is really impossible (but I wish to understand why), I'll be
looking for alternatives (one seems to be ptmr, which comes out dark enough).

Excuse my ignorance, thanks,
Rodolfo