[pdftex] Pale print with Adobe Reader

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Mar 16 21:59:00 CET 2007

  >> If you don't know how to use fonts in plain TeX, why don't you
  >> use LaTeX?  Everything is easier there.

  > I know how to use the default plain TeX fonts as described in the
  > TeXbook, which is enough to compose documents in plain TeX format.

If this is enough, what's the problem?  BTW, the LaTeX macros are
partly written in plain TeX but they make heavy use of other macros
defined in the LaTeX kernel.  Thus it is quite hard to translate them
to plain TeX.  Especially the font selection and encoding stuff is
extremely complex and if you want to have the same functionality in
plain TeX it's better to switch to LaTeX.

  > If you like LaTeX, why don't you use it?

Did I say that I don't use it?

BTW., maybe you already said which TeX distribution you are using but
I don't remember.  This information is helpful if you don't get Type1
fonts by default.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25