[pdftex] Pale print with Adobe Reader

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 21:02:36 CET 2007

Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> writes:

> As a plain TeX user you have two choices:  Either re-invent the wheel
> yourself or reverse-engineer LaTeX packages.
>
> It sounds a bit curious that you are using plain TeX and ask people to
> translate the high-level LaTeX macros for you.

It may sound curious, but nowhere in TeXbook it is said that to use plain TeX
it is necessary or important knowing LaTeX macros.

Reinhard:

> If you don't know how to use fonts in plain TeX, why don't you use LaTeX?
> Everything is easier there.

I know how to use the default plain TeX fonts as described in the TeXbook,
which is enough to compose documents in plain TeX format.
If you like LaTeX, why don't you use it?

Bye,
Rodolfo