[pdftex] [urban.simoncic at gmail.com: pdftex font size]

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jun 29 22:52:39 CEST 2007

On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 01:12:59PM -0400, John R. Culleton wrote:

> On Friday 29 June 2007 05:09, Oleg Katsitadze wrote:
> > ----- Forwarded message from Urban Simoncic
> > <urban.simoncic at gmail.com> -----
> >
> > I wonder to know how to set general font size for document, created
> > by pdftex. I am new to pdftex, but I used latex for some time and I
> > set general font size simply as option for \documentclass.
> > Unfortunately, if I set \documentclass[a4paper, 13pt]{article} to
> > pdftex, 13pt has no effect.
>
> Each font you use has its own size, set when you describe the font. I
> have a shortcut method for dealing with font sizes etc. in a file I
> call fonts.tex:
>
> \def\fontfam{bch}
> \newdimen\fontsize
> \fontsize=10pt
> \baselineskip= 1.1\fontsize
> \font\rm \fontfam r8r at \fontsize

Sigh, the OP meantioned "\documentclass", he is using *LaTeX*!
In LaTeX package "extsizes" exists. As large size options it
offers 14pt, 17pt, and 20pt.

But anyway, the problem is not specific for pdfTeX at all.
Thus this is the wrong list for this kind of questions.
Better places for asking are the newsgroup comp.text.tex
or AFAIK the mailing list texhax.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>