[pdftex] including the existing pdf document

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jun 27 23:58:33 CEST 2007

kewal <kewal.deshpande at gmail.com> wrote:

> How to  include  already existing  pdfs into my new file which is to be
> compiled ? i tried it using pdfpages package, but wasn't succesful. I
> included this in my preamble
>
> \usepackage[2-5]{pdfpages}

where in the documentation of the package does it suggest that might
work?  you probably don't need any \usepackage options.

> and in the body included this -
>
> \includepdf[2-5]{datasheet}

whereas the documentation clearly says

  \includepdf[pages={2-5}]{datasheet}

(clearly in the sense that there's a closely analagous example).

> where i wanted to include the datasheet,... any otherway around to include
> the already existing PDFs??? i need to get the page no's in the new document
> properly...

then you don't want to do it that way; the page numbers on the included
pages will be those in the datasheet itself, aiui

perhaps

  \includegraphics[page=2,height=\textheight,width=\textwidth,keepaspectratio]
    {datasheet}

and so on, for page=3,4,5, will fit the bill.