[pdftex] Strange problems with graphics inclusion

Ulrich Dirr ud at art-satz.de
Tue Jun 19 12:59:11 CEST 2007

Martin Schröder wrote:
> Am 19.06.07 schrieb Ulrich Dirr <ud at art-satz.de>:
>> When including some Illustrator graphic as pdf (I've tried several
>> different methods from the original eps) I cannot select any text in
>> the pdf with tools like PitStop, all pages seem to be 'frozen' ...
>> When I omit the graphic everything is selectable. When I'm running a
>> preflight I got an error saying that the file has a fatal error.
>
> Seems like an error in PitStop. Does it tell you the reason for the
> fatal error?
>
> It opens fine here in AR7 on Linux.

it opens fine here too, displays alright but the problem is when I'm
trying to select objects with PitStop. And with my old pdftex I have
never had such a problem ... And the point is when *not* including the
graphics file PitStop can select text objects etc.

> Btw: You should use inputenc; your ß shows up as SS.

o.k. I didn't pay much attention on this -- just wanted to make a quick
example.

Best regards,
Ulrich