[pdftex] [CTAN] package update: microtype

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 23 09:14:14 CET 2007

Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:

>   > i was confused by that when i was doing the catalogue.
>
> Ahh, you are doing the catalogue.

i do most of the tidying up, as well as a good proportion of the new and
updated package entries.

> There is a bug.
>
> In texcatalogue/entries/authors there is:
>
> <author id='auth:thanh' familyname='Thanh' givenname='Han The'/>
>
> but it should be:
>
> <author id='auth:thanh' familyname='Han' givenname='The Thanh'/>
>
> It would be nice if you can fix it.

yes, it would.  however, were i to do it correctly, his name in the web
versions of the catalogue would appear as "thanh the han".

in the absence of software that understands name structures (there's the
same issue with several korean and japanese names, i suspect, though
many of those people add to the confusion by switching their names
around when speaking to westerners), the only sensible thing to do is to
use keys named "firstname" and "lastname".  which in our case, we do not
have.

i have suggested renaming the keys in the dtd, but haven't succeeded
with my argument on that thread.

sorry.  (i'm copying this to the ctan list to further my argument ;-)

robin