[pdftex] Collision colorstacks of pdftex-1.40.1 and beamer/pgf?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 21:27:47 CET 2007

On 1/15/07, Heiko Oberdiek <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de> wrote:

> Some obscurity I found in latex/base/beamerbaseboxes.sty:
>   \newcommand\beamerboxesrounded[2][]{%
>     \setbox\bmb at colorbox=\hbox{\color{lower.bg}}
>   }
>
> \color issues \aftergroup\reset at color, thus a
> \reset at color is executed outside the \hbox of the
> \setbox command. I don't think, this is a good place
> for \reset at color. However I don't understand the purpose
> of the code with \bmb at colorbox.
>
> Yours sincerely
>   Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>

After I posted your response the author answered:

Hi!

the obscurity you found in beamerbaseboxes is already fixed in the CVS
since it causes problems in dvips, also. The new code avoids all the
reset at color stuff.

Could you do me a favor and check whether the problem disappears when you
replace the line as done in the CVS, namely by:

  \setbox\bmb at colorbox=\hbox{{\pgfpicturetrue\pgfsetcolor{lower.bg}}}%

If the problem disappears, we got the culprit...

Thanks in advance,
Till

I checked: changing the suspicious

setbox\bmb at colorbox=\hbox{\color{lower.bg}}

by

\setbox\bmb at colorbox=\hbox{{\pgfpicturetrue\pgfsetcolor{lower.bg}}}%

fixed the problem both in the minimal example of Heiko Oberdiek and in
the example where I first found it (during the talk after I changed
one word and reran TeX :-(  )