[pdftex] Collision colorstacks of pdftex-1.40.1 and beamer/pgf?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 18:40:27 CET 2007

On 1/15/07, Heiko Oberdiek <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 02:14:21PM +0100, Heiko Oberdiek wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 06:29:44AM +0200, Victor Ivrii wrote:
> >
> > > I discovered a strange problem with beamer and pdftex 1.40.1 which was
> > > not around with 1.30 (not tested with 1.40.0): starting from the
> > > really large page (slide) [something around 170] the textcolor in the
> > > body becomes transparent (not the case with other colors, like cvolor
> > > inside of the theorem, and the only solution I discovered so far is to
> > > put \color{black} at each frame or sometimes even after each \pause. I
> > > observed it with two long talks I tried. However in the latest run it
> > > happened even on page 20!
> > >
> > > Example uploaded to
> > > http://www.math.toronto.edu/ivrii/beamerwoes/
> >
> > Please generate a minimal example,
>
> Done:
>
> \documentclass{beamer}
>
> \useinnertheme[shadow=true]{rounded}
> \usecolortheme{orchid}% otherwise "First" would vanish (backgroundcolor?)
>
> \begin{document}
>
> \frame{
>   First\par
> \pause
>   \begin{definition}
>   Second
>   \end{definition}
> }
>
> \end{document}

Thanks. I could not generate the minimal example since the ill effect
was starting in the seemingly random place. And many long files were
not affected.

At http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1635545&group_id=92412&atid=600660

this bug got almost instantly category 7.

Heiko, can I post your comments there or may be you advise the author?

                                      Victor