[pdftex] pdftex-1.40.1

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 10:34:08 CET 2007

On 1/9/07, Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de> wrote:
> 2007/1/9, Victor Ivrii <vivrii at gmail.com>:
> > On 1/9/07, Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de> wrote:
> > > And what do the logfiles tell you?
>
> And then he send me the logfiles.
>
> DID YOU ACTUALLY READ THEM? DO THIS! NOW!

I read log files but I did not realize source of the problem

> Your installation is busted somehow: amstex.ini succeeds in feeding
> the amstex _binary_ to TeX, which of course doesn't work.

After I read the above sentence I replaced in amstex.ini

\input amstex

by

\input amstex.tex

(but did not touch \input plain) and did the same with two other
offending ini files; after this problem was solved: fmtutil --refresh
worked perfectly

Thanks

> THIS IS NOT A PDFTEX PROBLEM.

Agreed