[pdftex] pdftex.map update problem

juancito at gmx.net juancito at gmx.net
Fri Feb 9 17:46:29 CET 2007

Hello

I recently started trying Akira Kakuto's w32tex implementation, and while trying to add my local map files, I had a problem with one of my map files: "one line is wrong". I think the map file (mbb.map) had some offending characters coming from utf8 editors in Mac. I deleted the characters; saved; ran updmap and easy enough the shell announced "Working with mbb.map", as I wanted. It also said "I have updated pdftex.map". And yet the lines of my map file are not anywhere in my pdftex.map! What can explain this behaviour? I have tried several times with the same puzzling result. The pdftex.map file even has the right modification time, and all my other map files are really working.

I am using pdftex version 1.40.3

Thanks for your great microtypographic work, for the excellent new manual, and in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Juan Acevedo