[pdftex] layer-based presentations

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue May 9 21:23:11 CEST 2006

story at uakron.edu wrote:
> I developed some tricky JavaScript function for navigating between layers.
> See demos of the AcroTeX Presentation Bundle at
> www.acrotex.net
>
> dps
>
> On 8 May 2006 at 18:31, Moosmann, James wrote:
>

>> PDF 1.5 spec says also, that such sub-page nagigation could be achieved
>> not only by clickable links but also via ,,user request'', such as
>> left/right arrow button.
>>
>> I've tried to get this effect according to (pure) documentation, without
>>
>> any results. Unfortunatelly, pdf spec doesn't serve any example for this
>>
>> particular issue. Does anybody have such an example? What i need is a
>> pdf document with layer-based navigation.
>>
>> Thanks, Pawel
>> How do you do this?
>>
>> I am trying to figure it out also.  In fullscreen mode, I want to be
>> able to use the right and left arrows to uncover a layer.  I have layers
>> working.

fyi, an example of a layer based presentation can be found at

   http://www.pragma-ade.com/show-exa-5.htm
   http://www.pragma-ade.com/present/talks/fifteen.pdf

(it is a self paced presentation with a [not included] music track made for the 15th anniversary of dante just about two years ago)

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE