[pdftex] compiling 1.30.6 on openbsd-current

Gerree Pecht gerree at Math.Princeton.EDU
Wed Mar 8 14:58:57 CET 2006

Hello ...

I was just introduced to a package called "beamer" latex beamer

Is anyone familiar with this package?

How do I go about utilizing such a package?

I saw some technical slides ... using the package ...

I brought up the tutorial but I'm not sure what steps I need to
get the package to work for me on my system (linux) ... I saw some
samples ... but I would like some one-on-one instructions on how
this package is used without too much trial and error ... the slides
I saw were in color ... what do I need to do to get color slides ...
is there a special package ... do I need anything special in my preamble
to get this to work?  Do I run the file through latex?  Does the file
get tagged .tex?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

G. :-)

P.S.  Will this package be introduced at the workshop in July?

Also ... a simple graphics package combining complex "LaTeX"
equations/formulas/tables would also be extremely helpful.

Will there be anyone available to introduce and teach these packages
at different levels on different systems?

Thanks again!

--

Gerree P. Pecht
Princeton University Mathematics Department