[pdftex] Re: Best bitmap image format?

Olivier Lefevre lefevrol at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 1 00:48:49 CET 2006

> The "size" problem in the sample image may be a result of the vendor
> assuming a certain "dots-per-inch" for the display.

It turned out to be due to their assumption that you wanted to "convert"
your snapshot to the 8x11.5" ratio of the printed page, e.g., if your
snapshot is half of the screen, it should take half of the page. Crazy,
for more than one reason. I couldn't find any other snapshot tool that
will save directly to PDF, so I'll be experimenting with PNG and TIFF.

-- O.L.