[pdftex] nested action in link annot

Alexander Grahn A.Grahn at fz-rossendorf.de
Sat Jan 21 23:22:13 CET 2006

Hi,

I'd like to insert a link, which not only lets the Reader jump to the
specified destination (in the current pdf), but which also performs a
second action, e. g. playing a sound. The Link annot should look as follows:

/Subtype/Link
/A <<
 /S/GoTo
 /D [<Pg Obj No> 0 R /XYZ <Anchor Coords> null]  %zoom unchanged
 /Next <<
   <another action to be performed>

If I use the `goto name{<destination>}' argument to the
\pdfstartlink...\pdfendlink environment, there is no way to add a /Next
entry to the Action dict.

Therefore, I wonder if there is a way to retrieve somehow the anchor XY
coordinates of the link destination previously defined using the \pdfdest
primitive. Once they were available, the complete Action could be easily
constructed. (page obj no. is no problem, thanks to \pdfpageref.)

Thank you for any piece of advice.

Alexander