[pdftex] Duplex printing?

Geoff Russell geoffrey.russell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 06:33:28 CET 2006

> You can't embed some magic in a pdf that will force it to print
> duplex. At least nothing that could be used by normal printers.

This isn't a "normal" printer and is quite happy to print duplex from
openoffice. But
something in pdftex output turns the duplex feature off.  The ppd file tells
me exactly what to put in a postscript file to turn duplex on (or off). If worse
comes to worse, I will convert the pdf to ps and insert the stuff with a little
script, but I can't quite believe that I'm the first person in the world to want
to use pdftex with a duplex capable postscript printer and that noone
has implemented
this.

Cheers,
Geoff Russell