[pdftex] Duplex printing?

Paweł Jackowski P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl
Thu Feb 16 08:25:40 CET 2006

Martin:
>>You can't embed some magic in a pdf that will force it to print
>>duplex. At least nothing that could be used by normal printers.

Geof:
> This isn't a "normal" printer and is quite happy to print duplex from
> openoffice. But
> something in pdftex output turns the duplex feature off.  The ppd file tells
> me exactly what to put in a postscript file to turn duplex on (or off). If worse
> comes to worse, I will convert the pdf to ps and insert the stuff with a little
> script, but I can't quite believe that I'm the first person in the world to want
> to use pdftex with a duplex capable postscript printer and that noone
> has implemented
> this.

TeX is still programming language rather then editorial application. If
I understand your need for duplex; instead of having this option
implemented (hard coded) you may try to redefine \shipout so that the
even pages are reversed/moved/rotated in the output ps/pdf to get the
document ready for duplex, perfecting or whatever. But I also haven't
heard about magic word inside a document that just force printing in
duplex. Meybe some private device tags...
--
Pawe/l Jackowski
P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl