[pdftex] Re: Damaged PNG

Olivier Lefevre lefevrol at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 13 18:19:26 CEST 2006

I am using Snagit, which is not a low-end tool. Then again I
don't know what algorithms they are using.

> This sort of image really should be rendered using line art
 > rather than images.

I agree. This is a Java app. There _may_ be a way (at least
if memory serves me right) to persuade it to dump screens
as SVG w/o too much effort on my part; then I suppose I
could edit the SVG to extract manually the portion of interest:
surely there must be tools to assist with SVG editing.
Finally I could use, say, RenderX to turn the SVG into PDF
for inclusion into the "target" PDF. Does that sound like
a plan?

-- O.L.