[pdftex] Weird red boxes

Jean Hoderd jhoderd at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 20:05:18 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have one problem.  My pdftex produces weird red boxes in the middle
of the page.  What is more strange is that they disappear when I try
to print the document!  First I thought it was a bug with Acrobat
Reader, but xpdf also shows the same red boxes.  I hope you can give
me some help with this, because I need to produce a PDF for a
presentation, and the red boxes are really annoying.

Thank you very much,
Jean

Here is a document that shows the problem:

\documentclass[11pt]{article}

\usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}
\usepackage[pdftex]{hyperref}

\begin{document}

\section*{Preface}
\label{sec:preface}

This is the preface.

\begin{figure}
\centering
\setlength{\unitlength}{1cm}
\scalebox{0.5}{\framebox{%
\begin{picture}(6,4)
\put(3,1){\oval(3,1)}
\put(3,3){\oval(3,1)}
\put(2,1){\makebox{Section~\ref{sec:introduction}}}
\put(2,3){\makebox{Section~\ref{sec:conclusion}}}
\end{picture}}}
\caption{Overview}
\label{fig:overview}
\end{figure}