[pdftex] pdftex and metapost and png files

Geoff Russell geoff at austrics.com.au
Fri Jul 1 04:08:19 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have a graphic format compatibility problem.

I want to include a png image in a metapost picture and
am trying to use

	verbatimtex
     \input graphicx
     etex

	beginfig(1);
     label(btex \includegraphics{xxx.png} etex,z0);
	endfig;
	end

When I run metapost with TEX=tex then \pdfimage isn't defined, and if
I run it with TEX=pdftex then it is producing pdf and metapost can't
read it. If I change pdftex.cfg to ask for dvi, then the png isn't
recognised.

Is there a way around this? I'd prefer pdftex if possible.

Cheers,
Geoff Russell

6 Fifth Ave,              Home: 08 8332 5069
St Morris 5068          Office: 08 8207 2029
Adelaide Australia       Email: geoff at austrics.com.au