[pdftex] referring to table or image?

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Sat Dec 10 10:54:43 CET 2005

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 06:14:17PM +0100, Axel Belinfante wrote:

> [to confirm the response by Alexander Grahn]
>
> in the meantime I found that the solution is (in my case) to add
>
> \usepackage[all]{hypcap}
>
> after the \usepackage[options....]{hyperref}
> It works.
>
> Not that it matters much, but I'm curious...
> is there a particular reason hyperref does not
> automatically do this?

* You can have several captions inside figure or table environments.
* There are a variety of packages that deals with figures: subfig*, ...
* In some circumstances the spacing can be changed (center environment
  instead of \centering, ...)
* ...
* Maintenance is easier as separate modul.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>