[pdftex] Proposal for new feature.

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Apr 13 00:59:42 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 12 April 2005 07:56 pm, Hans Hagen wrote:
> John R. Culleton wrote:
>> >
> > What I propose is a switch that when set and an error occurs
> > insert a \bye command just before the error. That way the
> > user would have an output pdf file truncated at the point of
> > the error.
>
> normally batchmode will do what you want
>
> (--batchmode for texexec)
>
> Hans

As usual I did something stupid. I was looking for pdf output
which pdftex yields by default but not texexec, on my system
anyhow.  And BTW the switch that works is --batch and not
--batchmode.

So this string works as I want it to do:
texexec --batch --pdf tess.tex

It yields a readable pdf file but it stops processing at the
error message, just what the doctor ordered for my app.

--
John Culleton
Able Indexers and Typesetters