[pdftex] Proposal for new feature.

Michael Chapman pdftex at mchapman.com
Wed Apr 13 05:43:04 CEST 2005

John,

You might look at:

<<LyX is an advanced open source document processor that encourages an
approach to writing based on the structure of your documents, not their
appearance. LyX lets you concentrate on writing, leaving details of visual
layout to the software.
<<LyX runs on many Unix platforms, OS/2, and under Windows/Cygwin (this port
requires an X server). It can also run natively on Mac OS X, thanks to the
Qt/Mac library.
<<LyX produces high quality, professional output -- using LaTeX, an
industrial strength typesetting engine, in the background; LyX is far more
than a front-end to LaTeX, however. No knowledge of LaTeX is necessary to use
LyX, although it will give a user more power.
<<LyX is stable and fully featured. It has been used for documents as large
as a thesis, or as small as a business letter. Despite its simple GUI
interface (available in many languages), it supports tables, figures, and
hyperlinked cross-references, and has a best-of-breed math editor.>>

and,

1) Before the 'explosion' i have noted the dreaded two letter La- prefix
there, but I can't imagine the bridges they had to cross to get where they
are as being that different ... ...

2) It was my failure to be able to understand the LyX GUI that lead me to
'raw' Tex use and where I am today (wherever that is ... )  !

Michael

	<http://www.lyx.org/>