[pdftex] Getting Acrobat Reader to refreah like Xpdf

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Sep 22 01:25:17 CEST 2004

I can edit in Gvim, call pdftex from the Gvim command line, and have an
xpdf session along side to display the result. Xpdf will refresh with a
single keystroke: it displays the updated pdf file but retains its current
page number. Acrobat Reader, the alternative to xpdf for Windows users,
won't refresh. As an inferior subsitute one could I suppose fire it up and
ask it to open at a given page number. But I don't know how to do that.
Does anyone?

The objective is of course a semi-wysiwyg process for pdftex development. I
can do it on Linux with xpdf, but xpdf doesn't run on Windows AFAIK.
--
John Culleton

Short list of publishing/marketing books: