[pdftex] Cropmarks and plain pdftex

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu May 13 23:38:06 CEST 2004

wrote:
> > I want to print out a book with cropmarks. The project
> > is near completion. I don't want to redo the whole book
> > in either Context or pdflatex at this point.
> >
> > The only packages I can find on this are cropmark.sty
> > (Victor Eijkhout) and cropmark.tex (Peter Ungar) The
> > first package puts the cropmarks in the wrong place at
> > the top, and the second yields no marks at all.
> >
> > Has anyone dealt with crop marks in a plain pdftex run?
>
> I have typeset a book with plain pdftex. I wrote my own
> output routine to support cropmarks, mirroring a grid. I
> can send you that file, but IMHO it might take longer to
> understand than the case you write your own.
>
> Thanh

If it is not too much trouble, having your file would at
least give me some code to steal here and there. I am
willing to try to butcher the pageout routine as described
in The TeXbook, but I suspect you have already done
interesting things in pdftex in that area that are unknown
to me.  So your code is a safer guide IMO.

Thanks much, for pdftex among other things :-)
--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers