[pdftex] Character protruding error by font expasion

Ulrich Dirr ud at art-satz.de
Tue Mar 9 07:13:25 CET 2004

http://www.freeweb.hu/gimb/files/mgtest1.pdf,
> everybody can see the error on the page 2 row 8. What's wrong then?

It's not possible for me to reproduce the problem because obviously
your supplied document contains Type-1 fonts which seeems to not being
original Minion.

Your document contains:
grailrn-Extend_1010
grailrn-Extend_970
grailrn-Extend_975
grailrn-Extend_980
grailrn-Extend_985
grailrn-Extend_990
grailrn-Extend_995
grailrn
grailrn-Extend_1005
grailrn-Extend_1015
grailrn-Extend_1025
grailrn-Extend_1030

Then when looking at your document it's, e.g., not true that 1010
doesn't prodrude (look at p.1 line 1) -- if I assume that grailrn is
Minion. And why are you thinking that \pdffontexpand 30 uses Minion+25
-- you don't explain this, and your document can't offer any
explanation to this???

You don't supply a minimal TeX file with which I could reproduce what
you think is an error. And of course it should at least contain as
much text to test all font variations.

Maybe your setup isn't correct, or your generated TFMs aren't correct,
or whatever. With your supplied input only a soothsayer can solve your
problem ;-(

Best regards,
Ulrich Dirr