[pdftex] simple pdftype program?

ivo welch ivo.welch at yale.edu
Fri Jun 25 15:44:37 CEST 2004

One could go even further.  There could be a selectable option to embed
a workable tex source into the .pdf file itself as (gzipped) comments,
so that an informed "de-pdflatex" can reproduce a texable file again.
Disk space is cheap these days.  This should not be the standard, but I
personally would make it my standard.   Of course, this comment applies
triple to WYSIAYG programs that produce .pdf.  (MS office, Openoffice,
etc.).

regards,

/iaw

PS: My biggest gripe about (pdf-)latex is of course the lack of fast
hooks to allow end users to write perl programs that do more interesting
text processing (such as "\hookinto{perl mypgm.pl -\roughpageno}"), but
this is getting off topic.  My biggest suggestion: a site to support
future development, and allow me to donate money for all the help I have
received gratis, but which also tells me what is actually happening in
terms of development on the pdftex and tex fronts.