[pdftex] simple pdftype program?

Tigran Aivazian tigran at aivazian.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Jun 25 18:10:53 CEST 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, ivo welch wrote:
> One could go even further.  There could be a selectable option to embed
> a workable tex source into the .pdf file itself as (gzipped) comments,
> so that an informed "de-pdflatex" can reproduce a texable file again.
> Disk space is cheap these days.  This should not be the standard, but I
> personally would make it my standard.   Of course, this comment applies
> triple to WYSIAYG programs that produce .pdf.  (MS office, Openoffice,
> etc.).

this feature is already supported by the PDF 1.4 Specification. I think
there was a FILE type object (or something like that) when I looked at it
last time, so it should be doable with \pdfobject directly. I.e. you can
"attach" a file to the PDF document (and that is probably how it is
presented in Adobe GUI --- "attach" function)

Kind regards
Tigran