[pdftex] Undocumented hyperref commands

Roboco Sanchez roboco at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 01:09:48 CEST 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:48:11 +0200, Heiko Oberdiek
<oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 12:29:38AM +0100, Roboco Sanchez wrote:
>
> > A number of hyperref commands can't be found in the manual. For example,
> >
> > \pdfbookmark
>
> It *is* documented:
>  hyperref/doc/slides.pdf or hyperref/doc/paper.pdf

Thanks. I expected it to be in the manual.pdf

> > \hyperlink{page.5}{go to p.5}
> >
> > I'm particularly interested to know what else I can do with the
> > "page.5" part of \hyperlink. Also I would love to know other
> > hidden/undocumented commands of hyperref.
>
> \hyperlink is documented in hyperref/doc/manual.pdf, section 4
> "Additional User macros".

It's mentioned in manual.pdf that it's to be used together with
\hypertarget. But as I was asking, \hyperlink's used alone. I'd like
to know what else I can put in there. For example, I happened to try:

\hyperlink{section.5.2}{where are you taking me to?}

and found that it jumped to Section 5.2. But I couldn't find anywhere
in the manual that I could put "section.5.2" in that bracket so that I
could jump to Section 5.2 of the document by clicking the link.

Cheers.
Rob.