[pdftex] Spot colors

Thierry Bouche thierry.bouche at ujf-grenoble.fr
Fri Jan 16 11:28:24 CET 2004

Well, being neither a normal latex user nor a prepress professional, I'm
somewhat lost in color spaces.

My specific problem has been that, in two occurences, I wanted to
produce a book with black as the main color and a second pantone one. As
long as only tex is concerned, it is easy to use a named color with a
cmyk value for previewing, and either separating in tex by saying
pantone=white for one pass, and black=white/pantone=black for the second
one ; or pantone=cyan and explaining things to the printer (although
this one seems to generate 4 plate in DTP systems anyway...). Also, the
second color was used at various percentages.

Well, but how do you use consistently a two color model when you also
have images from photoshop/illustrator?

If we can use pantone in pdftex, this should yield consistent output
with adobe's so that separation can work!

 Thierry Bouche