[pdftex] 3-up in pdflatex?

Kester Clegg kester at cs.york.ac.uk
Fri Jan 9 12:02:29 CET 2004

Magnus Lie Hetland <magnus at hetland.org> writes:

> I'm trying to do something similar to the leaflet.cls class for LaTeX,
> which uses pstops to place three original pages on one resulting page
> of a leaflet. I thought pdfpages might be the tool of choice for
> pdflatex, but it seems it only supports 1-up, 2-up and 4-up. Is there
> any way of getting a 3-up (with the three placed alongside each
> other)?

You could pipe your pdf to AR to ps, psnup and then to a printer e.g.

cat TheFile.pdf | acroread -toPostScript -level2 -size a4 | psnup -pa4
-3 | lp

and so on.  We use something similar to produce a5 booklets from pdf
files.

Kester Clegg				Dept. of Computer Science,
Research Assistant (UTC)		University of York,
Tel (01904) 43 27 49			email: kester at cs.york.ac.uk