[Cjk] Re: [pdftex] Acrobat 6.0, pdfTeX, and CJK/Unicode incompatibility?

Edward G.J. Lee edt1023 at ms17.hinet.net
Sat Jan 3 09:27:03 CET 2004

Hi Roger,

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004, Roger Hart wrote:
> The file which you sent me worked perfectly!!  Acrobat found no
> inaccessible characters, and adding tags did not change any of the
> characters. That part is perfect.
>
> So I've spent the afternoon (now evening!) trying to install dvipdfmx
> on Apple's OS X 10.3.2.
>
> I had several problems, in part due to my inexperience with UNIX I'm
> sure.  However, now that I've gotten dvipdfmx to install, I can't get
> it to run.

Maybe you can have a look at(it's in Big-5 encoding)

http://www.oikos.com.tw/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic& \
topic_id=15850&forum=2&start=20&viewmode=flat&order=0

and

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=macos+group:tw.bbs.comp.tex&hl=zh-TW& \
lr=&ie=UTF-8&inlang=zh-TW&group=tw.bbs.comp.tex&selm=468AAJ\%24sn4\%i \
40bbs.sayya.org&rnum=1

sorry for the ugly url.

> When I try to run a dvi file, it immediately produces a fatal error:
>
> File 1:
>
> /Users/rhart/Desktop/fontinst.dvi -> fontinst.pdf
> [1
> ** Fatal: Unable to find TFM file 'cmti12'.

Maybe you didn't link kpathsea lib? so dvipdfmx cannot find
the *.tfm files.

Edward