[Cjk] Re: [pdftex] Acrobat 6.0, pdfTeX, and CJK/Unicode incompatibility?

Roger Hart rhart at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Jan 3 03:38:30 CET 2004

The file which you sent me worked perfectly!!  Acrobat found no
inaccessible characters, and adding tags did not change any of the
characters. That part is perfect.

So I've spent the afternoon (now evening!) trying to install dvipdfmx
on Apple's OS X 10.3.2.

I had several problems, in part due to my inexperience with UNIX I'm
sure.  However, now that I've gotten dvipdfmx to install, I can't get
it to run.

When I try to run a dvi file, it immediately produces a fatal error:

File 1:

/Users/rhart/Desktop/fontinst.dvi -> fontinst.pdf
[1
** Fatal: Unable to find TFM file 'cmti12'.

File 2:

dvipdfmx /Users/rhart/Desktop/pdfTeX_problem-3.dvi

/Users/rhart/Desktop/pdfTeX_problem-3.dvi -> pdfTeX_problem-3.pdf
[1
** Fatal: Unable to find TFM file 'cmbx12'.

File 3:

dvipdfmx /Users/rhart/simple.dvi

/Users/rhart/simple.dvi -> simple.pdf
[1
** Fatal: Unable to find TFM file 'cmr17'.

Again, because of my inexperience, I'm sure, I've spent several hours
looking through dvipdfmx documentation files, placing and re-placing
various TFM files, looking through various configuration files such as
dvipdfmx.cfg, running mktexlsr and updmap, all without any success.

I hate to trouble you and members of this list, but do you have any
suggestions?  Is there any documentation on installing dvipdfmx on OS X
10.3?

Thanks very much again for your generous and expert help,

Roger