[pdftex] FORMS of hyperref only work with AcrobatProfessional ??

TW Ma twma at maths.uwa.edu.au
Tue Feb 10 07:26:53 CET 2004

Thank you Ross,
====================
>PDF forms are submitted either in FDF data-format,
>or as email messages.
>They are *not* submitted in the same format as HTML form data.
>Thus if your php-script is looking for special patterns,
>it is not going to find them.

>You should write the script to show you *exactly* what is
>received, then modify it to extract the correct data
>according to whether it came from a PDF or HTML form.

>I think you'll find that the data reaches the script,
>but the script doesn't recognise the format, so returns
>empty values for the submitted fields.
-----------------
It appears that for PDF-Latex, we do not have some languages such as PERL,
PHP which take care of the formats from PDF. Several years ago, I use
C-language for HTML-cgi because I know their format. Now I do NOT KNOW
PDF-format and have nowhere to start without a simple example of script-file
correcting data from PDF-forms.
>Have you been to Donald Story's  Acro-TeX  site ?
>     http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/acrotex.html

>There is a wealth of information there, covering the topics
>that are are currently interested-in, and much much more
Thank you. Will look for simple script-files to process data from PDF-forms.

Twma