[pdftex] Multiple pdf files from one source document.

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Sat Dec 25 16:28:51 CET 2004

On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 03:47:51PM -0500, John Culleton wrote:

> I want to manufacture a series of small pdf files for use as graphical inserts
> in a Context project. Obviously I can create each one with a separate input
> file but that is clumsy.

You can generate one pdf file with all graphical pictures on
separate pages. Then tell pdfTeX to insert the wanted page.
I am sure, ConTeXt can this, but I do not know the syntax.
In LaTeX or plain TeX I would say for the tenth page of
pictures.pdf:
  \includegraphics[page=10]{pictures.pdf}

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>