[pdftex] (fwd) tetex-bin: pdftex/pdflatex fails to subset embedded CJK TrueType font

Hilmar Preusse hille42 at web.de
Mon Dec 13 10:09:02 CET 2004

Hi all,

here down in the Debian bug tracking system about two years ago we've
got the following bug report[1].
The example file and a log file is attached (log.txt is the screen
output). I've tried with pdfTeX from teTeX beta-2.99.4
(1.20b-rc3-2.2) and got the same results as in the report. The
mentioned arphic.map of cource was copied to the right place in the
tetex-beta tree. I've read pdftex-a.pdf and I couldn't found a
statement, that subsetting is not possible in some cases.
As mentioned in the report for compiling that file you need cjk-latex
installed and the Arphic "AR PL Mingti2L Big5" fonts installed (ttf
and tfm files). In Debian these fonst can be found in the packages
ttf-arphic-bsmi00lp and tfm-arphic-bsmi00lp.
Yes, there are encoding files as you can read in the log and the map
file looks correctly too (not subsetting).
Please keep the bug in Cc: (178717 at bugs.debian.org).

Thanks and Kind Regards,
  Hilmar Preuße

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/178717