[pdftex] tiff image placing with colortype and overprint

the_shelter pdftex at the-shelter.de
Wed Apr 7 13:00:22 CEST 2004

I used to place tiff images with several tools out there, preferrably
pdfTex and pdfLaTeX. I recently
came across the requirement to place tiff files which are the
output of a color- seperation of a pdf, done by a rip(i.e. for CMYK
you get 4 tiff images, one for each color) into a new pdf.
When placing the tiffs on top of each other in a pdf file, I want to
specify the tiff's color and set it to overprint('ueberdrucken'), as
can be done for instance in pitstop. None of the tools I found
supports placing tiffs in a pdf AND let one specify color(model)[could be any]
and set to overprint.
If I handcode an eps- file with these settings the problem is that
when converting it to pdf via xpdf or ghostscript the pdf loses these
settings.
Can anyone help?

ThanX,

Weps