[pdftex] Including \textcolor in metapost in pdf

Jean-Christophe Dubacq jean-christophe.dubacq at ens-lyon.org
Fri Sep 26 19:40:39 CEST 2003

I would like to include colored text in metapost, but dvitomp does not
manage color.

I saw solutions using ConTexT --- but I do not know ConTexT (not this
year, maybe next year). I use only the mptopdf macros from ConTexT
(loaded automatically by the pdfdriver).

Do people out ther know how to do that ?

(btw, my metapost is something like
label(btex The answer is \textcolor{\teacheronly}{42} etex,(0,0));

However, the color specification is in the dvi used as an intermediate
format by mpost, just the dvi -> MP extraction does not work good.

Remark: there seems to exist a patch on a spanish speaking page, but
this is a patch in C, not web.

--
JCD