[pdftex] pdftex hangs

Welch, Ivo ivo.welch at yale.edu
Wed May 28 22:44:04 CEST 2003

hi martin:

Martin Schroeder wrote:

On 2003-05-28 15:48:09 -0400, Welch, Ivo wrote:

I have a very long latex book document with some complex definitions and

chapters.  I know the book compiles under ordinary latex.  Under

Do you use hyperref?

yes.  however, even blocking it out (and replacing htmladdnormallink with
nothing), I still get this problem.

pdflatex, inside a table (with shaded boxes, etc.), pdflatex enters into

an infinite loop.  Now, if I \includeonly{} the chapter in which

pdflatex hangs (that is when I compile the full document), this chapter

can be pdflatex'ed without problem.  The hang can be replicated.

I would be very surprised if something would be broken in pdfTeX;

most likely some macros are different when pdfTeX is producing PDF.

Does it also happen with \pdfoutput=0?

\pdfoutput=0 gives me all sorts of errors, such as complaints about color in
pdfliteral .   (\pdfliteral used while pdfoutput is not set.)  sorry, I am a
clueless user: how do I test this?

/iaw

Best regards

    Martin