[pdftex] otf fonts in pdftex

Ulrich Dirr ud at art-satz.de
Fri May 9 18:50:58 CEST 2003

Maybe because pdftex can only handle type-1 and truetype fonts.
If you use 'AGaramondPro-Regular.otf' you probably own the Adobe version
of Garamond in OpenType format which uses PostScript/type-1 curves and
is therefore not type-1 nor truetype. This is also the reason why some
name their OpenType fonts .ttf and some .otf.

Best regards,
Ulrich Dirr