[pdftex] otf fonts in pdftex

Diederik van Arkel vanarkel at knoware.nl
Fri May 9 17:49:55 CEST 2003

On Friday, May 9, 2003, at 02:43 PM, Thomas Esser wrote:

>> DvA> zzz8 AGaramondPro-Regular <AGaramondPro-Regular.otf
>> DvA> kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600
>> --dpi 600
>> DvA> AGaramondPro-Regular
>
> To me, this looks like you are using the font AGaramondPro-Regular from
> within pdftex. According the the line in your map file, the name should
> be zzz8 for pdftex.

Nope, my test file looks like this:

%&Plain

\font\testfont=zzz8

\testfont
The lazy cat jumped over the quick brown fox.
The lazy cat jumped over the quick brown fox.
The lazy cat jumped over the quick brown fox.
\bye

And I have installed

zzz8.vf
zzzh.tfm
AGaramondPro-Regular.tfm

So I believe I have everything set up correctly... Checking further it
seems that
kpathsea can't find the .otf file?!

Does anybody have a clue for me?

Regards,