[pdftex] Download binary version.

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard at ms25.ath.cx
Tue Mar 25 02:04:05 CET 2003

    > However the new version does not recognize an embedded tif file
    > as a file type. The old version handled the same code without
    > error.

TIFF support has been removed from pdfTeX recently.

I recommend to install ImageMagick to convert bitmaps to PDF.

         http://www.imagemagick.org

The program you need is `convert'.  If it is already installed on your
system, make sure that it is not older than 13 months.

Converting all bitmap graphics to PDF is always a good idea, pdftex is
much faster if it has to include pdf only.

And if you write a Makefile that does the conversion and put the line
\immediate\write18{make} at the top of your document, it is as
convenient as including the bitmaps directly.

Reinhard

Reinhard Kotucha			             Phone: +49-511-27060390
Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover	                         mailto:reinhard at ms25.ath.cx