[pdftex] Adobe Illustrator and pdflatex

K.R.Subramanian krs at cs.uncc.edu
Mon Mar 10 15:47:50 CET 2003

John Culleton wrote:

> On Monday 10 March 2003 11:58 am, Hans Åkermark wrote:
> > I make quite a few presentations using Adobe Illustrator. Recently, I have
> > reverted to bad habits and started using LaTeX (instead of Word which is
> > company standard) to format reports that contain more than a few simple
> > equations. My problem is when I would like to include these equations into
> > Illustrator for presentations.
> >
> > Generating pdf-files using pdftex (running under MikTeX) results in a
> > pdf-file that looks good in Acrobat Reader but not so nice in Illustrator.
> > The program complains that "Missing Type 1 fonts have been substituted"
> > (\usepackage{times} is in my preamble) and "... contains PDF objects that
> > have been reinterpreted", and the appearance is garbled.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Hans Åkermark
> >
> Context (another TeX variant) has a presentations mode, and perhaps LaTeX does
> also. This might be a good substitute for Illustrator, but I don't know for
> sure.  Its worth exploring in any case.

If its powerpoint style presentation, pdfscreen package works great. Also PPower4 (?) - which
I have not used.

    -- krs

> John Culleton
> Able Indexers and Typesetters

K.R.Subramanian                        Phone: (704) 687-4872
Department of Computer Science         FAX:   (704) 687-4893
UNC Charlotte, CARC 311                Email: krs at cs.uncc.edu
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001               Web: http://www.cs.uncc.edu/~krs