[pdftex] hyperref package and pdflscape

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jun 27 12:34:52 CEST 2003

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 03:42:59PM +0800, Lars Heineken wrote:

> I created a small text document using pdflatex.The packages hyperref and
> pdflscape are beeing used.
> The document is hyperlinked just fine, but when you click on an entry in
> the TOC wich leads to a landscape part of the document it jumps to the
> wrong position, usually too low. If I remove the "begin{landscape} and
> end{landscape}" marks from that part of the document, the jump is right
> on the spot.
> Is that a known issue ?

Yes. This is a limitation of pdfTeX. Rotated or scaled regions are
not detected and taken into account if the position of anchors or
links are calculated. Thanh does not have the time for fixing this.
So volunteers are needed. But apparently nobody has time or want to
do the job. :-((

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>