[pdftex] full page images

Anthony Wood woody+pdftex at switchonline.com.au
Fri Jun 20 17:27:32 CEST 2003

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 08:37:50PM -0700, beezaur wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question about including full page images in a LaTeX document
> that eventually needs to find its way to pdf format.
>
> I am writing an engineering document (class amsart) for work.  I have
> been using both the commands "latex doc.tex" and "pdflatex doc.tex"

For pdflatex, use the pdfpages package.  It does what you want,
and efficiently.  you can include individual pages, a range of pages or the whole
pdf.

\usepackage{pdfpages}
\begin{document}
\includepdf[pages={3-7,9}]{/path/to/other.pdf}
\end{document}

in one step.

I don't know how it works in plain latex.

> under Red Hat Linux version 8.  The document needs to include some
> manufacturer specification sheets which are in pdf files, usually of
> several pages in length.
>
> The first part of my problem is extracting the single page I need. I
> have been printing to files in both pdf and ps formats from various
> readers, then using the \includegraphics command in the graphicx package.
>
> The second part is really where the problem is: the graphic starts its
> upper left corner where a paragraph would start, then runs off the page.
>   I need it to cover the entire page, if that is possible.  Otherwise, I
> need text resolution that can be read.  Text from the above printing
> method is fairly garbled.

I use the geometry package when including things like full page jpgs.

\documentclass[a4paper,landscape]{minimal}
\usepackage{geometry}
\geometry{top=0cm,bottom=0cm,left=0cm,right=0cm,nohead,nofoot}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{calc}
\begin{document}
\includegraphics[width=\textwidth,height=\textheight]{valiant}
\end{document}

cheers,
Woody

> Any ideas how to get a full page graphic, or at least one with readable
> resolution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott
>
> --
> A day without math is like a day without sunshine.

Woody