[pdftex] pdfpages

beezaur beezaur at myhome.net
Fri Jun 20 10:28:05 CEST 2003

Thanks, Anthony, for the pdfpages info.  That sounds like what I need to
insert the product data sheets into my report.

I am having a little trouble though.  pdfpages wasn't installed so have
been trying to make it work.  I got the pdfpages from CTAN and built
pdfpages.sty with LaTeX.  I'm not sure how to install, so I just put it
in the same directory as the .tex file.  It tries to compile, but gives
an error:

! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
			\ver at pdftex.def
1.59 \AM at ifdriverlater{pdftex}{2000/05/12}
					{}{%
?

It seems to want a number, but I'm not sure what much of that means.  I
found and breifly replaced pdftex.def with a later version, but that
didn't help.  I also tried to compile on a laptop running Red Hat Linux
9, which does have pdfpages installed, but no luck.  I have this:

\usepackage{pdfpages}	(in preamble)
. . .
\includepdf[pages=1]{12-14-25GPM2003ws.pdf} (in document)

It also gives the error if I comment out the include.  Am I missing some
syntax?  Not sure where to go from here. . .

Scott

--
A day without math is like a day without sunshine.