[pdftex] pdfannotlink error on Debian

Afra Ahmad aa4 at cse.buffalo.edu
Sun Jun 1 17:13:37 CEST 2003

> > (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/ot1phv.fd) (./tomcat.toc)
> > ! Undefined control sequence.
> > \ulink #1#2->\noindent {\pdfannotlink
> >                                       attr{/Border [0 0 0]} user{/S /URI
> > /UR...
> > l.26 ...rta.apache.org]{http://jakarta.apache.org}
> >                                                   . This document's
> > ?
>
> \pdfannotlink  is no longer supported.
> It has been replaced by  \pdfstartlink since pdfTeX version 0.14.
>
> One of your packages has not been updated yet -- the one where \ulink
> is defined.
>
> I'd guess it to be  python.sty  (which is not a package that I have,
> and which is installed at the wrong level in your texmf tree).

Thank you very much for the quick replies.

I looked within python.sty and here is what I found:

\@ifundefined{pdfstartlink}{
    \let\pdfstartlink=\pdfannotlink
  }{}

and for the \ulink:

% \ulink{link text}{URL}
\ifpdf
  % The \noindent here is a hack -- we're forcing pdfTeX into
  % horizontal mode since \pdfstartlink requires that.
  \newcommand{\ulink}[2]{\noindent{%
    \pdfstartlink attr{/Border [0 0 0]} user{/S /URI /URI (#2)}%
    \py at LinkColor%                              color of the link text
    #1%
    \py at NormalColor%                    Turn it back off; these are
declarative
    \pdfendlink}%                       and don't appear bound to the
current
  }%                                    formatting "box".
\else
  \newcommand{\ulink}[2]{#1}
\fi

So everything seems to be defined perfectly. But I do notice within
python.sty it notes "[works only with with Latex2e]". Is this the
problem?

Thank you.

Afra