[pdftex] hyperref link appearance control

Kester Clegg kester at cs.york.ac.uk
Sun Jun 1 17:13:37 CEST 2003

Daniel Garcia <danitous at yahoo.es> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I do not like the box that is around the links, so I
> want to change this behavior. One option is to
> underline the text, and the other is to change the
> color of the text. The both are good for me, but what
> I want is not to see the underline or the color of the
> text when I print the document. Is that possible?, I

Why not change the colour of the link to be viewable on screen, but
black when printed?  Browns and purples, for example, will print black
on monochrome lasers, as opposed to grey.

Unless of course, your printing on a colour printer?  In that case, I
don't think you'll have a solution but to compile two documents, one for
screen and one for printing.  The latter perhaps defining the link
colour to be black?

Kester Clegg 			Dept. of Computer Science,
Research Associate (UTC)	University of York, UK

Tel (01904) 43 27 49		email: kester at cs.york.ac.uk